Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thing 8--Destination Unclear, But I Know Where I've Been!

At the moment I'm not certain that I'll ever finish the rest of the 23 Things! We upgraded to a new version of our ILS *AND* switched to a new calendar program, both in the same week, and you know that those sorts of things always come with their own issues...plus it's nearly September already!
I have a Flickr account, but haven't uploaded anything yet, so I didn't want to go that route. I decided to use public Flickr photos to describe where I went this summer and am able to "tell" you in seconds with the help of Picturetrail.

What a cool tool this is! Very easy to understand and navigate--heck, it worked the first time for me, so you know it must be easy. :-) This would be a great way to showcase a group of new books, DVDS, or music CDs--actually, anything with html for a cover image available. Or maybe you want to present your reference staff, or announce an upcoming event in the library. Picturetrail is an eye-catching way to do it.

WHERE I SPENT MY SUMMER VACATION

No comments: