Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thing 5-Stumped? Read the Directions...Again!

Wow, I was THIS close to giving up on the 23 Things--I was just not able to add what I thought was the necessary page element to my blog. Turns out I was trying to do something that wasn't required, at least not yet (and probably never by me). For some reason, when I looked at Spell with Flickr, all suddenly became clear.

But now that I get the point, I think it's a very cool way to customize, using simple images. What a clever way to advertise what's happening "@ Your Library." This is the perfect tool for the age of short attention spans that we live in. It demonstrates to me how a photo can become part of something bigger than itself. Sure, someone could misuse those photos, but the sharing itself is not the problem.

The topic of signage surfaces regularly in my library, usually accompanied by the lament that "no one notices them." Here's a way to change that.

No comments: